Thursday, September 2, 2010

I have a 2nd Grader!!


Xav's cool new backpack...
Xavier started 2nd grade this July... We are in year-round School.. We had a few little issues. He was on C Track last year and made a really good friend Jaxon and this year they switched Xavy tracks to A Track and his little friend got to stay on C. It was a bit upsetting for them to not be able to be in the same class but Xav seems to like his teacher this year and hopefully we can switch back to C track next year.
He also had his first experience with peer pressure/mean older kids! It happened a little younger then I hoped but what can you do. As most of you that know Xavy... know he lives for Star Wars!! So naturally when we went school shopping he picked out a Star wars backpack and lunch box. Well the 3rd day into his first week of school as he was getting ready to go he said mom, I want a new backpack. I said but we just got this new one. you love it! He said I know but mom I need to keep Star Wars a secret.. Some older boys said my backpack was stupid and laughed at me! I wanted to cry! It was so sad. He is only 7! But we went straight to Target after school and picked out a new COOL backpack for him. Kids can be SO mean!!

2 comments:

KimandJake said...

That makes me mad, some kids are so stupid! On a brighter note, zave looks way cute! I miss him!

Stefanie said...

SO rude huh! I wanted to go find that kid and punch him in the face!